· 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 large yellow or Spanish onions, diced
· 4 cups chicken stock
· 3 4 ounce cans green chiles
· 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
· 2 teaspoons cumin
· ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 4 16 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
· Shredded Monterey jack cheese, sour cream and chopped green onions for topping
*All of the ingredients I used were organic.
Heat large skillet or Dutch oven over high heat and add olive oil. Cook chicken for about 10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside to cool. In the same skillet, add onions and cook until soft. Add spices and chicken stock, cook 5 minutes. Add green chiles and beans. Transfer chili to a slow cooker and cook on warm for 3+ hours or keep on stovetop under a low flame covered with a lid. When serving, add shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some green onions for garnish. Serve with a crusty piece bread (I like ciabatta) or some cornbread. Enjoy!